Lua files containing level scripting for Epic Mickey can be found in the pak files. To access them, extract all the pak files and navigate to Environments/_Shared/Scripts/. They need to be decompiled to be made readable.
These steps are for Windows. Please note that this will only work with the first Epic Mickey game.
- Ensure your computer has Java installed, as it will be needed to run the decompiler.
- Download unluac 2015_03_02. You can also experiment with other versions of unluac for slightly more readable results, but this version appears to produce the most complete output. Move unluac_2015_03_02.jar to a working folder and rename it to “unluac.jar”.
- Copy all the lua files that you would like to decompile into your working folder.
- Create a folder titled “output” in your working folder.
- Create a new text file in your working folder called “loop.bat”. Paste in the following text and save:
for %%f in ("*.lua") do ( java -jar unluac.jar "%%f" > "output\%%~nf.lua" ) pause
- Run loop.bat. Once it is finished, close the console window.
- The decompiled lua files can now be found in the output folder.